Orange Soap with Calendula
A Golden Combination for Natural Orange Soap
The citrusy sweet smell of handmade orange soap. Images of a bright summer day like a marigold. The magnificent flower, scientifically known as calendula, only grows in sun-drenched areas and has blooms that range from golden to orange and every hue in between. Just as much a marigold looks like summer, oranges smell like summer. The bright citrus scent makes troubles go away and brings instant joy.
3 Ways to Use Our Orange Soap with Calendula
How can you make each day feel like a summer’s day spent at the spa? By using our handcrafted orange soap, of course! Not only does the orange soap look and smell absolutely beautiful, but it can help clear and brighten your skin. Plus, using calendula soap for acne is known for treating and skin healing properties for many versatile uses. In addition to using our handmade orange soap in the bath or shower for a nourishing skin cleanser and moisturizer, here are three ways to make the most of our orange soap.
Antibacterial Hand Wash
Calendula extract has been used since ancient times to help heal wounds and cuts. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It can help the body resist pathogens to aid in fast, infection-free healing. It stimulates the immune response to skin damage and helps encourage the body to produce more collagen to reduce scarring.That’s why calendula extract soap makes a great all-natural foaming hand soap. It’s great for use in the kitchen or bathroom and is particularly great for little ones who constantly scratch or nick their hands. And with added moisturizers like coconut oil and rice bran oil, it won’t leave hands feeling dried out or chapped.
Making your own foaming soap is easy to do. Here’s what you need:
- 1 4 oz bar of Falls River Soap Orange Soap with Calendula
- 6 cups water
- Wooden or metal spoon for stirring
- Empty foaming soap dispenser
- Lidded mason jars for storing extra soap
Here’s what you do:
- Put the water into the saucepan and bring to a boil
- Grate the soap bar while the water is heating
- Once the water has come to a boil, remove it from the heat and dump in the soap shavings
- Stir to dissolve soap entirely
- Let sit to cool to almost room temperature
- Pour soap into the foaming hand soap container until half full
- Fill remaining half of soap container with water
- Insert pump and enjoy foaming hand soap!
- Store extra soap in covered mason jars until needed
Acne Treatment Gel
Our pure Orange 10 Fold Essential Oil is what gives our handmade orange soap its anti-acne powers. That’s because it is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial while being gentle and non-drying. It can help improve complexion and the overall look of the skin. The calendula extract in our orange soap will also help to fight bacteria and can even help reduce acne spots and scarring. The citrusy aroma is an added bonus.
Capture all of these benefits by making a spa-worthy acne treatment gel. Simply grate a couple of tablespoons of our orange soap into a small, sealable container. Add drops of hot water a few at a time until the soap begins to dissolve. Stir gently to create a gel. To use the gel, place a hot washcloth over the face for 2 minutes to open up the pores. Next, paint the gel onto your face and let sit while you relax for about 10 minutes. Breath deeply to enjoy the amazing scent. Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry. Your skin should be clearer and softer.
Body Sugar Scrub
The skin on your body will love the zesty orange soap with calendula. Your skin will be clean, clear, and bright. Any scrapes or cuts will heal faster, and scars and stretch marks might be lightened. Your skin will get the benefit of antioxidants and will have reduced redness and irritation. With added sugar, you will have a sweet citrus body scrub with added exfoliation power.
Homemade Sugar Scrub with Orange Soap with Calendula Extract
- ½ cup shredded Falls River Soap Orange Soap with Calendula
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- Place the shredded soap in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15-second intervals until mostly melted
- Mix in coconut oil and microwave for 10 more seconds. Stir until well combined.
- Add the sugar until it is a slushy consistency.
- Distribute evenly into silicone mold or mini muffin tin. Let dry for 2 hours.
- Remove from mold and enjoy!
Orange and Calendula Oil Soap for Summertime All Year
Our bright and fragrant handmade orange soap is a wonderful way to give your skin some natural love. It gently cleans and moisturizes the skin while helping to heal the skin and fight acne. Our handmade orange soap uses only natural ingredients for the best clean. Our cold-process soap making results in soap bars that are naturally high in glycerin to help protect and nourish your skin. We believe that we’ve created an orange soap better than anything found at the grocery store. Try our healing and uplifting Orange Soap with Calendula and give yourself a summertime spa any time of the year.