DIY with Green Tea Soap
Green Tea and Yogurt At-Home Facial
Green tea is a delicious alternative to other caffeinated beverages. Somehow it’s earthy, green taste makes it feel healthy and nourishing. You skin feels the same way about green tea. It has everything that skin needs to improve complexion, fight skin aging, treat breakouts, and give skin a fresh glow. Fresh brewed green tea is the best way to capture the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in their most potent forms. If you are looking for a great way to get green tea benefits besides sipping on the stuff, try this great beauty DIY from Wikihow. This green tea and yogurt facial has everything needed to cleanse and exfoliate the skin and fight free radicals. The yogurt will hydrate and nourish the skin while the green tea gives a gorgeous glow. Use this facial once a week and your skin will look noticeably healthier.
Green Tea and Yogurt Facial
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 regular or detoxifying green tea bag
- ½ cup full fat yogurt (greek-style or regular)
- Empty spritzing or fine misting bottle
- Brew your fresh green tea. Remove the tea bag and set the tea aside to cool to a warm but not hot temperature.
- Gently break open the tea bag to expose the tea leaves. Press the tea leaves against your face as evenly as possible. Let sit for five minutes. Don’t massage the tea leaves into the skin just yet!
- Grab the yogurt and paint it onto your face with the tea leaves. It should make a sort of scrubbing paste. Massage the paste evenly around your face and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Use a warm washcloth to continually wipe the face clean. You may need to wipe 2 or 3 times to remove all of the yogurt/green tea mixture. Let your face dry.
- Pour the cooled green tea into the spritzing or misting bottle and gently spray the face and neck. Let dry.
- Your skin should feel softer, smoother, and hydrated!
Note: If you want to add some extra antibacterial and hydrating benefits, mix 2 tsp of honey in with the yogurt prior to application. You made need some extra rinsing due to the stickiness of the honey, but your face will feel extra smooth and hydrated.