DIY with Bamboo Soap with Lilac Blossoms
Bamboo Soap with Lilac Blossoms
Bamboo scent is unisex; working great for both male and female lines. Our handmade Bamboo soap is made from high-grade Bamboo Oil that is hand ground with Eucalyptus Essential Oil to make a soap bar with wonderful properties. Showing great scent retention in both candles and bath and body products, Fresh Bamboo Fragrance Oil is one scent that you’ll not want to pass up.
Bamboo soap is quite popular for its detoxifying effects and moisturizing properties that promote healthy skin. The handmade bamboo soap produces a rich lather that cleanses pores deeply which standard soaps simply can't do. With its deep cleaning properties and moisturizing qualities, it’s recommended that people with acne wash with bamboo soap.
Baggy eyes are a sign of aging. It’s caused by the tender skin under the eyes collecting dirt which then makes the skin sag under the weight. By washing the skin under the eyes with homemade bamboo soap the dirt is removed and the skin's elasticity is restored and you look younger.
Handmade bamboo soap is safe to use with all types of skin and is particularly popular with sufferers of psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema. Bamboo soap is also made from non-toxic ingredients making it very safe to use.
Lilac Face Cream DIY with Bamboo Soap
Lilacs are gorgeous and so fragrant. For many, the purple flowers hold not just their favorite spring scent, but their favorite scent any time of the year. It makes a lovely perfume or body lotion scent because it is subtly floral and not overpowering. Lilac is also surprisingly beneficial for the skin. It is a natural astringent, which means it can tone the skin and help tighten it. It can help prevent the signs of aging and can also reduce skin irritation. This is why it makes a great face cream ingredient. You can capture the fresh spring scent as well as the skin benefits for your face. Robin's Key and The Nerdy Farm Wife inspired this fresh and nourishing face cream.
Here’s how you can put together your own Lilac Face Cream with Bamboo Soap at home:
- Dried lilac blooms
- 1 cup distilled water
- 6 tbsp sweet almond oil
- ¼ cup Shea butter
- 3 tbsp mango butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax (can use beeswax pastilles)
- ⅓ cup aloe vera gel (can use store bought or gel straight from an aloe plant)
- ½ tsp Vitamin E oil
- Lilac essential oil
How to make it:
- Place the dried lilac blooms into a small glass container and cover with the 1 cup of distilled water. Set aside to steep.
- Melt the Shea butter, mango butter, coconut oil and beeswax in a double boiler over medium heat. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can place a glass bowl over a pot filled with a few inches of water for the same effect.
- Once your lilac blooms have steeped and cooled, use a strainer or a piece of cheesecloth to strain out the blooms. Pour into a measuring cup to measure ⅔ cup. Set remaining water aside.
- Mix lilac water and aloe vera gel and set aside.
- Once the oils are melted and have blended well, let them cool to slightly above room temperature. Using either a blender or a hand mixer, begin to blend the oil mixture. Slowly drizzle in the lilac water and aloe vera mixture while continuing to blend. Once you notice the mixture starting to thicken, continue to beat on high for about 15 minutes or until very thick and fluffy (face cream texture).
- Add the Vitamin E oil and drops of lilac essential oil until you have the desired scent (10 to 15 drops should be enough).
- Pour into small, sterilized glass or plastic jars with lids. This face cream is best used within a week or two since there is no added preservative. Extra cream can be stored in the refrigerator and will keep for a few months.
Why Handmade Soap?
Store-bought soap contains harsh chemicals that irritate your skin, often resulting in conditions like eczema, acne, and psoriasis. Switch to Falls Rivers Soap and experience the difference in using all-natural soaps created by hand using cold process soapmaking. Our natural moisturizing Bamboo Soap is made using essentials from the Bamboo plant and Lilac Blossoms. It also contains Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, and Natural Glycerin. Ready yourself for a delightful experience with our Handmade Bamboo Soap.